Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Fong for VP MCA

I am glad to announce that I will be offering myself to continue to serve as a vice president in the MCA in the October 18 Party Elections. I have served four terms as a vice president since I was first elected in 1996. Since then, I have served the Party diligently in various capacities, including the Presidential Council, the MCA Economic Bureau and state liaison heads. I wish to continue to serve the Party as I am confident that I still can contribute significantly to the Party.

The MCA is currently as a crossroad. The current political situation in the country requires the MCA, which is the second largest party in the Barisan Nasional, to be strong to face up to the challenges. To do this, the MCA must act as a united front to project itself as a strong voice, not only in the Barisan Nasional, but also in representing the Chinese community and Malaysians as a whole.

With my experiences and my economics background, I can serve the Party in specific areas, as I had when I first entered politics – the various national economic plans, the consultative councils to draw up national development plans, inputs to various government economic and business policies and Party and government educational, economic and development blueprints.

I hope that Party grassroots and central delegates will continue to give me their support – as they had during the past four Party elections – so that I can carry on with my responsibility in serving the Party.

Thank you.

( Mand version click "more" )

冯镇安攻打马华副总会长

我欣然的宣布,我会在10月18日的马华党选中竞选马华副总会长的职位,以便继续提供服务。自我于1996年第一次中选为副总会长以来,已经担任4届的副总会长。在任期间,我勤勉的执行各种职务,包括会长理事会、马华经济局以及州联委会主席的职务。我希望能够继续为党服务,因为我相信,我仍然可以对党做出显著的贡献。

马华现在走到了十字路口。目前的政治局势,使得作为国阵第二大政党的马华必须强大起来,以面对各种挑战。要实现这个目标,马华必须充当一个团结的阵线,使得它不但能够在国阵内,而且也能够为它所代表的华社,以及所有的马来西亚人,发出强大的声音。

以我的经验和我的经济学的背景来说,我可以在一些特定领域为党提供服务,因为我介入政坛以来,曾经先后落实各项国家经济计划;参与协商理事会,制定国家发展计划;为政府的各项经济和商业政策,以及党和政府的教育、经济和发展大蓝图,提供意见。

我希望党基层和中央代表,将继续给我大力的支持,就像他们在过去4届党选中给我的支持一样。这样,我才可以继续履行我的责任,为党提供服务。

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dr Fong, you are too humble and kind hearted. You should lead MCA. Your experience, qualifications and leadership win anyone in MCA. You should contest for presidency. You will win Ong Tee Keat and Chua Jui Meng.

Anonymous said...

Although I am never a MCA supporter,
I felt you deserve winning the VP post.

Hope you have a comfortable win.
Dr Fong, Best of luck!

Anonymous said...

You should just go for number one earlier, to preempt Jimmy Chua. Your action is a little bit too late. Fighting for Vice does not mean that it is easy. I have a feeling that they are going to kill you. As usual, good man always dies in MCA, bad guys survive to see the downfall of MCA. Being part of former team A, you should stand up and tell us what happens since Ong and chan took over in May 2003 ? How come a good party suddenly becomes like this ?

Anonymous said...

I absolutely agree the few comments stated previously suggested Dr. Fong should lead the MCA. In terms of qualifications, Dr.Fong stands out. In terms of experience, Dr. Fong excel better than T.K Ong and J.M Chua. No matter what, MCA has a difficult task to win back the heart of the chinese community if UMNO consistently ignored the outcry of the publics on ISA and racist comments.

Anonymous said...

Well, I hope MCA delegates are sensible enough to vote you as a VP. It would be a change to have some intelligent people leading the MCA instead of the "power seeking" Ong brothers!

Anonymous said...

Very sad that now MCA does not hv a true leader anymore. MCA is not like last time anymore which most people especially chinese respect most. Leaders are now want to achieve their personal gain and recognition only. They compete one another eventhough they do not hv the expertise and skill to lead. They just want for themselves. Very sad.....

Anonymous said...

good luck!